This weekend Justin and I celebrated our one year anniversary! Oh how times flies...it feels like just yesterday he was walking me home through the backyard to my parents house :) This year of marriage has been so much fun and such a great experience for both Justin and me. We have learned so much about each other, and have honestly just come to love each other so much more than we did a year ago. Even though we've had a few bumps in the road along the way, for the most part our first year has been smooth sailing. If the first is really the hardest, then bring on the second!
We decided that since our actual anniversary was on a Sunday, we would take the entire weekend to celebrate the big day. So Friday we went ice skating (which I actually hate doing, but Justin got be through it), Saturday we shopped till we dropped and then ate at our favorite restaurant in Provo--Communal, and then we spent today watching our wedding video, hanging with the fam for the Superbowl, and eating our one-year-old wedding cake. Best part of the whole weekend? Wearing my wedding dress again. I only wore it for about 15 minutes, and I'll never be able to package it up again the way it was, but it was totally worth it.
And in honor of our 12 months of marriage, I've compiled a list of the 12 things I've learned about Justin since we've been married. Some fun facts about my hubby:
1. He’s cheap. Beyond cheap. Nothing makes him happier than having money in savings. This sometimes clashes with the fact that nothing makes me happier than shopping.
2. He talks in his sleep, all the time. And not only does he talk, but he also incorporates grand hand gestures to emphasize the incoherent point that he is trying to make, in his sleep.
3. He’s a whistler. He whistles in the shower, while he’s ironing, when he’s doing the dishes, when I’m trying to do homework. It’s adorable.
4. He is such a handyman. That boy can fix anything (with the help of his dad, Terry. And Terry’s tools.)
5. He’s a gamer. I bought him the new COD for Christmas (Call of Duty, duh) thinking that it would be fine because he’s so responsible and would only play it in his free time. I was wrong, and will from now on stick to my anti-videogame rule.
6. He is always right, and nothing is ever his fault. This one I knew before we got married, but this past year has only solidified that knowledge.
7. As much as he denies it and claims that we just HAVE to have a king size bed in our next house, he’s a cuddler. He always has to be cuddled up next to me to fall asleep, and I’m totally ok with that.
8. He’s got great style. From his J.Crew wardrobe to our beautiful house that he remodeled, I never have to help him make decisions when it comes to looking good. I give all that credit to his mom, Corinne.
9. He can’t sleep in past 8…even on Saturdays. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that this meant I also could not sleep in on Saturdays.
10. He’s an extremely clean person. Like, I can deep clean the house one day, and the next day it’s “filthy” again. However, he sucks at hand washing dishes. Which I realize he probably just does so that it will permanently become my job…but it’s working.
11. He loves breakfast. He begs me every weekend morning to please get out of bed before him and make waffles. Thank goodness for Bisquick.
12. He can’t go a day without a can of Mt. Dew. Believe me, we tried.
Getting to know all of Justin's little quirks has only made this first year of marriage so much greater, and I can't wait to see what's in store for our future. Happy Anniversary Justin! I love you so much and have loved every minute of being married to you. Here's to hoping that our second year will be as good as our first :)